Learn techniques for generating new material including autobiographical writing, found text, improvised movement, object work, and adaptation.
Beginning with a personal object chosen by the performer/creator, participants will explore ways in which that object can serve as a tool for organizing personal history, narrative, and reflection.
• Investigating a personal object as a way to frame the creative process
• Using effective brainstorming techniques and graphic organizers
• Integrating music and imagery into performance
• Identifying a variety of sources from which to create dramatic material
• Applying actions to ideas
• Developing character voices and physicality
• Creating unique, personal performing spaces
• Problem Solving: distinguishing between effective and ineffective material
• Synthesizing disparate elements into a performance
• Reflecting on the process and performance